HELLO


Hi there, welcome to my blog! and thankyou for stopping by. I have designed this blog to share with you knitting patterns that are my favourites and, i'll be trying out some new ones along the way. I also hope to help knitters new and old (i don't mean your age LOL) by sharing information, handy hints and tips, answering quieries and helping solve your knitting problems. Before you go, please help me by making a comment and suggest any knitting project you'd like to see.

Thanks again. Have a nice day!


Dianne

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

How To Knit A Mitered Square


Not only are mitered squares good for pretty corners, they can stand on their own as a decorative element and really look good when you incorporate a second colour or stripes, the angle of the rows stands out much better.
To create a mitered square you will need to cast-on double the number of stitches you want one side of your square to be plus one stitch. For my square as I want an 8 inch square I am using DK yarn and 4mm needles I cast-on 81 sts.
Row 1: knit
Row 2: decrease row: k39, sl1pwise, k2tog, psso, k39


Row 3: knit
Row 4: dec row: k38, sl1pwise , k2tog, psso, k38
Row 5: knit

Row 6: dec row: k37, sl1 pwise, k2tog, psso, k37 continue in this manner until you have 3 sts left on needle.
sl1, k2tog, psso Cut yarn and pull through last stitch on needle & tie off. You now have a mitered square.
 There are endless opportunities for creativity through the use of yarns in a variety of colors and textures. You can also change your stitch pattern for different looks.